Download images, press releases and content to use as needed in media releases
Press Release July 2016
GETS TAILS WAGGING WITH THE NEW
SMART PHONE yAPP FOR YOU & YOUR FOUR LEGGED FRIEND
Dog owners are in for a ‘p-awesome’ treat with Bauwow the new smart phone y’App and social petwork that has everything you need to improve the life of your pooch.
One in four UK households (24%) own a dog (that is an estimated nine million dogs) so we want the best for our most loyal of friends.
On Bauwow, you and your dog can find new friends, dog friendly places to visit, vets, pet stores, dog walkers, groomers, pet photographers and much more to ensure Fido, Spot or Rover gets the best care.
Bauwow is available to download Free from the App Store or Google Play and is compatible with Apple and Android phones.
Bauwow’s CEO and founder, Peter Curtis, said: “As devoted dog owners ourselves, we realised that there are lots of other dog owners like us who would leap at the chance to build a community and social life for their dog. We’ve worked hard to design a complete social app that is fun, engaging and puts our beloved canine friends at the centre. As every dog is different you can create your dog’s own profile with its own pack, its own medical history and doggy dates to favourite walks.”
Bauwow features include:
- The Daily Bark: Keep up to date with the latest Bauwow, news and comments. Get snapping and share your photo on the friendly Bauwow social network
- Training & Therapy: Teach a dog new tricks with recommended schools and training centres, trainers and pet therapists
- My Care: Every Bauwow dog can monitor their health and wellbeing using our unique my care tools. Keep track of your dog’s vet and grooming visits, medical history, and schedule next appointments by syncing with your calendar
- Dog’s Social Life: Get the woof of approval by building a doggy petwork for your dog with other enthusiastic dog owners in your area. Easy to set up, simply create the profile of your dog, build your own pack, check the dogs around you, set play dates and even bark at other dogs through your phone.
- Dog Friendly Guide: No need to leave your dog at home, check out the latest dog friendly restaurants, bars, cafes, pubs, accommodation, beaches & pools, shops and attractions in your area.
- My Needs: Paws for thought, a directory of everything your dog may need at the touch of a button from: Vets & Clinics, Pet Stores, Groomers, Walkers & Sitters, Pharmacies, Kennels & Daycare, Shelters & Rescues, Breeders
- Artists: Capture your dog’s best angle with pet photographers to painters
Notes to Editors:
Bauwow is the brain-child of Peter Curtis, Giuseppe Migale and Andrea Arrigoni. The original idea came about when they were walking their dog Tobia in the depths of Winter. Peter said: “We would meet wonderful playmates for him and then not see those dogs again for weeks and we wanted to build a social group of dogs that we could meet, play and socialise with whatever the weather. We also travel a lot with our pooch and can never find a place to stay, eat and relax easily.”
With a nose for business and huge experience in visual graphics, systems design and customer retention they decided to design an app that was built around the dog rather than owner. Although Bauwow is a social network for smart phones, the goal is to drag people out of the virtual world and make them socialise in the real world through socialisation, exercise and lifestyle enhancements for their dogs.
From Summer 2016 Bauwow will be working with charities, associations and Not For Profit groups to support their UK campaigns. In addition, Bauwow’s dedicated team has mapped the doggy services in over 50 major global cities and will be adding more.
For media enquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Peter on +447494341077